Also unlike Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2 will not constantly drain players of Thermal-Energy. This is due to the warmer climate, which can sustain T-ENG presence longer than a cold climate, which drains thermal energy bit by bit. Instead, energy can only be drained when the player pilots a VS and uses a weapon that requires energy. However T-eng is still constantly lost unless a specific ability is equipped despite the 'warmer climate'. The character may also lose T-ENG by completing one entire sprint with a character (confirmed in the demo). If one player loses all their energy, another can give them some of their energy, using a new weapon, to keep players alive.
Kenji Orguro and Jun Takeuchi announced that the game would reward players with experience points. Players will earn more points for playing in a unique manner and completing extra objectives in missions. Once the game has been beaten on any difficulty, players are allowed to use this character for the campaign.These points can then be used to unlock costumes and attachments for the player to customize their Pirate.
• Processor Intel Core2 Duo / AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core or better;
• 1 GB (XP) / 2 GB (Vista / Windows 7) or more of RAM;
• 13 GB free hard disk space;
• Video Card NVIDIA GeForce series 7800/ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro or better with 256 MB VRAM compatible with DirectX 9.0c, and support Shader3.0;
• Sound card with support for DirectSound (DirectX 9.0c or higher);
• A device for reading DVD c support DVD9;
• Keyboard and mouse.